Tusky 14 is out now!
- Redesigned the drafts function, so they are faster, more user friendly and hopefully more reliable.
- Wellbeing mode, allows you to limit certain features in Tusky. You can enable it in Preferences!
- Animated emoji support, need we say more?
- Timed mutes (for supported servers).
- Notification 🔔 for specific users posting, ring the bell icon on their profile (Mastodon 3.3.0 feature).
You can support our development via https://opencollective.com/Tusky
Introducing veb(4) - a new Virtual Ethernet Bridge https://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article;sid=20210223111210
Instance admin just lost their job, might need help
Mstdn.social is one of the largest and nicest instances on the Fediverse, run by an enthusiastic admin called @stux
Unfortunately Stux has today found out that they are fired from their day job 😞
However, by happy coincidence, Stux had just set up a hosting company. If you need web hosting, domain names etc please consider using Stuxhost so that Stux can continue working:
Anyone running #OpenBSD on a Dell XPS 13 (2020) ?
It seems WiFi isn't compatible but from what I read that it is easily replaceable and Dell has no whitelisting. Is this true?
If anyone could suggest an OpenBSD capable laptop that's around the $1000 price range, that would be very helpful!
Command line fans! Minimalists! Do you want to use Mastodon through a text interface?
✅ You can access Mastodon through the "toot" client on your computer (https://toot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/), or the Brutaldon web client through your browser (https://github.com/jfmcbrayer/brutaldon).
Note that "toot" (the CLI client) is not to be confused with "Toot!" (the iPhone app), they are both Mastodon apps but are totally unconnected.
RSS feed fans! You can subscribe to any Mastodon account through an RSS reader if you prefer.
Note that the feed only shows public toots. It will not show replies to others and restricted visibility messages.
Those trying to update their @mobian #pinephone for the first time after receiving it, should carefully read our post on the pitfalls during this first update. There are a few complications: https://blog.mobian-project.org/posts/2021/02/09/pam_issue/
For anyone new to #Gemini wondering how to find more interesting capsules to explore the Medusae Gemini Directory is an excellent place to start. Organized into categories and new stuff getting added all the time.
The #OpenBSD softraid(8) framework now supports encrypted RAID1 volumes
Briar is censorship resistant
1. it does not rely on centralized server infrastructure
2. Tor, and bridges to Tor in case Tor is under censorship are implemented by default
3. build with offgrid communication in mind, in case of internet shutdown
4. no Sim card required. (sim card registration can be stopped/on hold by gov)
Discover & explore Mastodon with no ads and no surveillance. Publish anything you want on Mastodon: links, pictures, text, audio & video.
All on a platform that is community-owned and ad-free.
Hosted by Stuxhost.