gotta start a poetry thread
(1) The Witch Reads Me My Birthchart by Eloisa Amezcua: https://poets.org/poem/witch-reads-me-my-birthchart
(2) When people say "we have made it through worse" by Clint Smith: https://readwildness.com/19/smith-people
(3) from Apology Machine, Four Poems by Cameron Quan Louie: https://therumpus.net/2021/01/rumpus-original-poetry-four-poems-by-cameron-quan-louie/
(4) "if you believe me to be your enemy know this I accept
terrible revenge in merciless clots of love
I have not threatened your soft moments and yet you are threatened"
I Must Become A Menace To My Enemies by Ryan Dzelzkalns: https://catapult.co/stories/i-must-become-a-menace-to-my-enemies-a-poem-by-ryan-dzelzkalns
(5) qtine thoughts (w/ a line from Psych lol) by Jess Rizkallah: https://nwreview.org/2020/12/11/qtine-thoughts-w-a-line-from-psych-lol/
[im a mess over this poem holy shit]
if you like (5), jess just released a chapbook of sorts here --> https://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/1673788
and let me plug in one of my favorite articles ive written (its aged a bit but still good at its heart)
100 of my Favorite Poets For Your Survival Pack by Alexis: https://www.autostraddle.com/poets-for-your-survival-pack-410195/
(7) Reciprocity is a Two-Way Street
Momtaza Mehri: https://poets.org/poem/reciprocity-two-way-street
oh, this one.
(8) Tomorrow is a Place
Sanna Wani: https://poets.org/poem/tomorrow-place
this one wrecked me beautiful i love it
(9) a possible tw for self harm in this poem
The B-Sides of the Golden Records, Track Five: “Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder” by Sumita Chakraborty: https://poets.org/poem/b-sides-golden-records-track-five-post-traumatic-stress-disorder
(11) After Touching You, I Think of Narcissus Drowning by Leila Chatti: https://poets.org/poem/after-touching-you-i-think-narcissus-drowning
safia elhillo is one of my absolute favorite poets/writers and this is also a favorite (which is saying something because it takes so much for me to focus on audio): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh5wSt-hfL0
(13) Day 29 (2020) by Jamila Woods: https://poets.org/poem/day-29-2020
(be sure to check out her music too!)
(16) Lecture on the History of the House by Claire Schwartz: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poems/154996/lecture-on-the-history-of-the-house
Discover & explore Mastodon with no ads and no surveillance. Publish anything you want on Mastodon: links, pictures, text, audio & video.
All on a platform that is community-owned and ad-free.
Hosted by Stuxhost.