Bioluminescence

I found an easy way to get an iridescent color effect in my kaleidoscopic fractals. No, I'm not telling you what it is. It's a secret. 😜

Glitch Monalia

This was my submission for the contest on DeviantArt, held in April of this year. We were supposed to make modified versions of the Mona Lisa, and I decided to take a JPEG of the Mona Lisa and databend it. 😗

Cross Glitch

Another piece of glitch art that I made using color separation. I achieved a nice iridescent quality by separating out the RGB channels, then taking an Edge Detect of the image and overlaying it on the non-edge-detected image as a semitransparent layer.

Skyscape Glitch

This is a style that I achieved roughly speaking by layering the databent version of a photo semitransparently on top of the original photo. The result ends up being fairly similar to the vaporwave style.

Crossbar Glitch

Crossbar switch, turned into glitch. Hey, I made a rhyme!

Databent using the Vim editor and then post-processed in GIMP.

Storm Glitch

I didn't use databending for this one. I achieved this effect in GIMP by separating out the red, green, and blue channels into their own layers and then displacing them relative to each other. I call this technique color separation.

Tipsy Tubes

Made this in Processing by repeatedly drawing circles at regular (randomized) offsets and incrementing the color to produce a gradient. The circles line up to produce the illusion of 3D tubes.

Musical Muse

Just thought I'd show off my love of playing the piano and my own sweet bod at the same time. 😘​

Church of Blood

Some more pixel art for you guys. I made my best effort to get that retro game aesthetic like you'd see in one of those 3D DOS games with the 8-bit graphics. You might have to open the image in its own tab to enjoy the full resolution. 😉 For some reason I found a nice rouge suited this image very well. 😗

Digital Forest

Made by pixelizing one of my old photos, and doing some other post-processing with it as well.

Noise Bullseye

Experimenting with semi-random noise in Processing. In this generative art piece I programmed it so that each pixel has a random lightness and the lightness is biased towards a certain value. That value is determined by the sine function, which is plotted in polar coordinates.

You'll notice that there are rings of pure black... This is due to the value of the sine function being zero (I used sin( r/20 ) + 1 so the the area where the sine is zero is stretched out) and the fact that the lightness of each pixel is obtained by multiplying by the sine function. So the lightness of these pixels is a random value multiplied by the sine at that location, which ends up being zero.

I like how the result ended up looking like a 3D styrofoam bullseye.

Neon Suckers

Some generative art I made in Processing. I used the principles of modular arithmetic (multiples of 6 mod 7) to create diagonals of different colors.😜​



Show older
Mastodon 🐘

A general-purpose Mastodon server with a 1000 character limit.

Support us on Ko-Fi Support us on Patreon Support us via PayPal