Pixel Torment

Pixel version of a nude selfie I took some years back. I managed to get sort of a SymbOS vibe with this one.

Friends of a Different Kind

This is a form of digital art that I call "deep horror": using specially tailored input strings to a generative neural network to get the AI to produce the most horrifying image possible. I was playing around with the Dall-E Mini AI when it hit me that I could take advantage of the distorted nature of a lot of AI-generated images to produce unholy abominations like this.

The general methodology is to give the AI a prompt that it doesn't know how to process, so it's forced to generate weird shit as opposed to something mundane. If you enter "pig man" for example, it just generates images of pigs on a farm. Not creepy at all. So you kinda have to get creative with the prompts to get something truly terrifying.

Snowflake Iterations

Kaleidoscopic fractal art made in GIMP. Base image was a photo that I databent and then sent through an edge detect filter, so this is technically glitch art too.

Rectangle Regions

I wrote a program in Processing that generates randomized abstracts in the Mondrian style. It uses a framebuffer with integer "pixels" corresponding to pixels in the drawing area, and it takes rectangular regions and increments the numbers in those regions by a random integer. It then computes the modulus base 7 for each pixel and transfers the corresponding color pixel from the framebuffer to the drawing area.

tipsy_tubes.pde

Source code for the Tipsy Tubes series.

Example of one generation: mstdn.social/@Phracker2Art/108

As you can see, I completely winged it on the color gradients, because I'm clueless about how color works in Processing. All I know is that the colors you get roughly correspond to the RRGGBB hexadecimal codes.

Twilight Glitch

This is a style I achieved roughly speaking by layering a databent/edge-detected version of an image semitransparently over a version of the image with color separation applied to it. It ends up being rather reminiscent of the Vaporwave style, with an iridescent quality to the colors. 😗

Against a Pixelated Sky

I spent a lot of time editing out most of the transitional colors here. Managed to achieve a style vaguely reminiscent of an Atari or Namco game.

Tipsy Tubes 3

Another generation of the Tipsy Tubes code. I don't have a whole lot of generative art unfortunately. I should probably make some more. 😐

Bioluminescence

I found an easy way to get an iridescent color effect in my kaleidoscopic fractals. No, I'm not telling you what it is. It's a secret. 😜

Glitch Monalia

This was my submission for the contest on DeviantArt, held in April of this year. We were supposed to make modified versions of the Mona Lisa, and I decided to take a JPEG of the Mona Lisa and databend it. 😗

Cross Glitch

Another piece of glitch art that I made using color separation. I achieved a nice iridescent quality by separating out the RGB channels, then taking an Edge Detect of the image and overlaying it on the non-edge-detected image as a semitransparent layer.

Tipsy Tubes 2

Another generation of the Tipsy Tubes code. The colors and positions of the tubes as well as how close together the gradient rings are are all randomized.

Glitch Urbexia

This is based on a variation of databending that I call cosine bending. This involves manipulating the parameters of the discrete cosine transform algorithm used to perform lossy compression on a JPEG image. This may sound rather advanced and convoluted, but it really just means saving a JPEG at a very low quality to produce glitch effects. I did that with one of my old urbex photos, and then I messed with the colors in GIMP and applied some pixel sorting to get the image shown here. 😗

Show older
Mastodon 🐘

A general-purpose Mastodon server with a 1000 character limit.

Support us on Ko-Fi Support us on Patreon Support us via PayPal